Friday, April 15, 2016

Welcome!

Hello and welcome! 
I am so glad you are here because this is where you'll get an exclusive look at how I view and interpret our world through the wonderful, scientific art of photography! I am excited to share with you the many things that influence my work. One of the greatest purposes of photography is to inspire. For my first post, I'm sharing what has probably been my biggest inspiration- my father. I began my education in film photography using his old Canon A-1. My favorite, most durable tripod is actually the one my dad used decades ago and passed down to me.



This photo of him was taken in the living room at our home. I love using natural light and window light on my subjects. My dad enjoys watching TV, and often wears headphones so it doesn't get too loud in the house. He also wears a prism on his glasses after his vision was impaired by a stroke in 2011. He is now a 5-year stoke survivor. There is always something about surviving catastrophe that speaks such volumes. My dad has had a remarkable recovery, and if that isn't inspiring I don't know what is! What do you see when you look at this photo? Be sure to leave a comment, and check back frequently so you can stay up to date with new photos, stories, and more! You don't want to miss out!

~ Kat ~

No comments:

Post a Comment